Saturday, December 15, 2012

0 KCI 100 Round AR15 MAG .223 REM/5.56 NATO





Ok...moment of honesty. This was definitely an impulse buy. I actually did go to buy a few new mags, but this was definitely not what I intended to find. It ran me $114  before taxes. I also picked up a SureFire 60 round mag and a 30 round MagPul PMag. Back to the matter at hand, the 100 round double drum.



Click image to enlarge
Above you'll see everything this kit came with. The personal loader (far left), the 100 round magazine (front center), the carrying case (rear center), and two bottles of graphite lubricant (right).

Specs

Ammunition:  NATO standard 5.56mm, .223 caliber
Capacity: Variable, 1 - 100 rounds
Feed Rate: Variable, Up to 1,500 rounds/minute
Dimensions: Inches - 9.85 x 4.60 x 3.13
                      Millimeters - 250 x 117 x 79.5
Unloaded Weight: 2.2lbs / 1kg
Materials: Filled thermoplastic; Non-corrosive steel; alloy
Life Expectancy: More than 50,000 rounds w/ normal use

Let's start with the first problem I ran into with this magazine....loading it. Single feeding rounds by hand usually goes fine, but the top of the feed clip is a little flimsy. There was an instance where a few rounds shot out of the top of the magazine. The personal loader is a nightmare. The personal loader is supposed allow you to load 5 rounds at once by placing it on top of the magazine, feeding five rounds in, and pressing down on the plunger. I have yet to have this work correctly. I've also tried it on my 30 round PMag with limited success. With the PMag it refuses to load the last round. Example, if I put 5 rounds in it will load 4, if I load 1 it will just sit on top of the mag. Trying this one the 100 round KCI I've had the rounds flip up and go in vertically and dent the casings.

Let's bring up the next issue with this mag, loading it into the AR-15. I literally have force this mag into my AR. At the range I had to place it on the bench and use my weight to lock it into place. I even tried unloading a few of the rounds and it was still very difficult to load into the AR. I haven't tried it in any other rifles yet, but no other mags seem to have this problem with my rifle.

As far as shooting I've only ran 100 rounds through this magazine so far. I can say that it performed excellently without a single jam.  I'm going to put it through a little more abuse soon and I will post the results.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Guns And Colors Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates